Cyber Security in Healthcare Certificate
From electronic medical records to virtual patient care delivery, healthcare’s digital transformation comes with consumer benefits and new security challenges. Master the protocols, posture and privacy controls to keep Protected Health Information (PHI) safe through the Cyber Security in Healthcare certificate.Enroll
As the healthcare landscape evolves, the digitization of patient information and care delivery requires a stronger security infrastructure. Designed for entry-level healthcare and cyber security professionals, the Cyber Security in Healthcare certificate develops your ability to assess, respond to and prevent cyber vulnerabilities.
Through hands-on coursework and case studies, you will gain a new understanding of the healthcare delivery landscape, master healthcare information regulation and advance your knowledge to reduce the risk of cyber incidents within health organizations.Enroll
Estimated Time to Complete
*Students have up to one year to complete the certificate from the time of registration.
Tuition: $5,000 with a 10% discount if you pay in full
Projected employment growth for information security analysts by 2030 (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2021)
AVERAGE BASE SALARY
For cyber security professionals (Payscale, 2022)
Projected number of unfilled cyber security jobs globally by 2025 (Cybersecurity Ventures, 2021)
By diving deep into the digital infrastructure of our healthcare system, your Cyber Security in Healthcare certificate will prepare you to:
- Evaluate the organizational and financial components of healthcare delivery and systems.
- Analyze healthcare data management, standards and terminology.
- Define healthcare stakeholders and the role of third-party partners.
- Master healthcare information regulation, information risk decision-making and the importance of third-party risk management.
- Assess the phases and effectiveness of incident response and understand the successful elements of managing privacy events.
- Develop and implement the tactics and techniques of a successful information security program.
- Reduce the risk of a cyber security incident or breach to healthcare organizations.