Cloud Security and Governance Certificate
The benefits of cloud-based systems, data and infrastructure come with a new set of risks that require an innovative approach to cloud security. Earn a Cloud Security and Governance certificate to strengthen your network’s ability to defend against threats.Enroll
The Cloud has completely changed the way we share and exchange information. While the convenience of the Cloud provides new business models, creates new opportunities and sets the stage for further innovation, the Cloud also presents new risks, new governance challenges and a need to fundamentally rethink the way we operate.
With the Cyber Tech Academy Cloud Security and Governance certificate, you’ll review traditional cyber principles in the context of the Cloud and explore new adaptations security professionals need to unlock the value of the Cloud while managing the risk.Enroll
Estimated Time to Complete
*Students have up to one year to complete the certificate from the time of registration.
Tuition: $5,000 with a 10% discount if you pay in full
Projected employment growth for information security analysts by 2030 (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2021)
AVERAGE BASE SALARY
For cyber security professionals (Payscale, 2022)
Projected number of unfilled cyber security jobs globally by 2025 (Cybersecurity Ventures, 2021)
Over the course of your certificate, you will explore a range of Cloud models, risk, response and mitigation strategies. At the conclusion of your certificate, you will:
- Possess a strong foundation in both theory and practice.
- Differentiate between fundamental characteristics of Cloud and other service, deployment and responsibility models.
- Determine and communicate risks and threats particular to the Cloud along with frameworks, Maturity Models and standards relevant to the Cloud.
- Distinguish how governance tools like risk registers, audits and pen testing operate differently in the Cloud and implement tools accordingly.
- Identify the increased importance of third-party attestations like STAR, FedRAMP and SOC 2.
- Appraise Third-Party Risk Management (TPRM), Operational Resilience (OR) and the Incident Response (IR) in the Cloud.